The erectile dysfunction is a repeated inability to get an erection or to maintain it. Note that an occasional “breakdown” is completely normal and should not cause concern, either in men or in their partners.
Although women may feel very concerned about the problem and even directly targeted, they should know that erectile dysfunction is a common problem that affects half of the men between the ages of 40 and 70. Nowadays, many medical and psychological means are available to them and most of them see their disorder resolved quickly.
It is estimated that 20% of men aged 50 to 59 suffer from erectile dysfunction. This proportion increases with age, reaching 70% after 70 years. Other factors may explain the phenomenon.
Several psychological factors can be responsible for erectile dysfunction:
Performance anxiety: this is the main psychological cause of erectile dysfunction. She can intervene during the first intercourse with a new partner.
Fear of an insufficient erection: in this case, the man fears that he will not be able to maintain an erection sufficient for the duration of the intercourse. The intensity of his erection can also generate anxiety. This form of erectile dysfunction is not permanent, but linked to the situation, to the partner and is therefore reversible from the moment when the man regains confidence in himself.
The routine: when the routine is established in a couple, the man can suffer from erectile dysfunction. The eroticism of the early days has faded and weariness has unfortunately settled within the couple. The foreplay becomes rarer, the reports are fewer and more “scheduled “, which leads to a loss of confidence and erectile dysfunction.
The atmosphere of the couple: factors related to the couple can also have direct consequences on the erections of the man. Jealousy, a lack or inability to communicate, a lack of emotional relationships are all factors.
The partner’s behavior: when the woman shows a systematically negative attitude towards her partner, if she devalues him, displays her frustration in public, the man can feel guilty about his lack of performance.
Stress:- when a man is faced with a stressful situation, erectile dysfunction can appear, or aggravation of it if it was already present. Losing a job, unwanted retirement, money, family problems, death are examples of stressful situations.
Accident and depression: erectile dysfunction can also appear following an accident or a serious illness or during a nervous breakdown.
Erectile dysfunction does not necessarily appear systematically in men’s health. It can indeed manifest itself in a targeted manner, with a specific partner, while with others, this will not be the case. Other personal causes: Among the psychological causes related to erectile dysfunction, we will find things as varied as fear of women, rivalry with other men, or a general loathing for sexuality. It is important that psychogenic dysfunction is taken care of by a psychiatrist or a sex therapist trained in sex therapy techniques.
Physical causes of erectile dysfunction:- In 80% of cases, erectile dysfunction is caused by a physical ailment or by aging. Here are the most common physical causes.
• Vascular causes (heart disease, coronary heart disease, arthritis, high blood pressure, and atherosclerosis) represent 40% of erectile dysfunction.
• Erectile dysfunction is found in 35 to 75% of diabetics.
• Neurological diseases such as Parkinson’s disease, epilepsy, multiple sclerosis, Alzheimer’s disease, and stroke can also be the cause of erectile dysfunction.
• Surgical intervention related to the treatment of prostate cancer (total prostatectomy), can cause the temporary disappearance of erections.
• Tobacco, alcohol and drug use can also cause erectile dysfunction.
• Finally, certain drugs, in particular those for hypertension, excess cholesterol or heart problems, can induce erection difficulties.
• Hormonal problems
• The cancer
• Cirrhosis of the liver
• Taking anti-anxiety drugs or antidepressants
The main symptoms
Erectile dysfunction manifests itself by:
• An inability to achieve an erection of the penis.
• An inability to maintain the erection over time.
It is estimated that there is a “problem” when the situation continues for more than three months. Before that, it is still a passing situation, often caused by an external disturbance (conflict, concern, etc.)
Diagnostic:- When erectile dysfunction exists, it is necessary to use a health professional to establish what the causes of the problem is: psychological or physical?
The doctor will thus proceed to a detailed questionnaire, an examination, and various medical analyzes in order to find adequate treatment according to each situation. Modern technology achieves excellent results of 90% of the time.
Treatment of erectile dysfunction:-Treatments for erectile dysfunction is very effective. There are several oral medications, the best known of which is obviously Viagra. In addition to the small blue pill, the options are:-
• Another drug • Penis injections • Penile implants • A mechanical device to be used before sex (ring at the base of the penis) • Restorative surgery (when the dysfunction is caused by a malformation or injury)
Prevention:-Temporary erectile dysfunction can be resolved by promoting a healthy lifestyle:
• Regular physical activity
• Healthy eating
• Adequate sleep
• No abuse of tobacco, alcohol, drugs.
In the event of erectile dysfunction, communication within the couple remains essential.
• Man should Know that only 20% of erectile dysfunction is of psychological origin and 80% of medical origin.
• Clinical consultation is, therefore, an almost essential and saving option.
• Avoid silence, avoidance. He must understand that there is a reason for his problem and that if he confronts it, he will have a good chance of solving it. Ideally, he would talk to his wife to keep the complicity. It is often this which leads him to consult a psychologist, an ecologist, or a doctor and thus to resolve his problem.
• Understand that he is not alone in his situation and that he does not have to suffer from shame.
• Learn to value other aspects of physical love while avoiding focusing everything on penetration and orgasm as a finality. Instead of controlling his erection, he should focus his attention on pleasuring his relationship on other levels.
• Knowing that she may not be responsible for her partner’s situation and that criticizing him only makes the situation worse. Feeling guilty, worried, ashamed does not solve the problem either. Patience, respectful discussion, and understanding are more appropriate.
• Understand that at a certain age, men need more stimulation to generate and maintain an erection. More sensuality, investment, and recourse to the five senses are ways to achieve this. She must be attentive to her needs while expressing her own.
• To be able to help him to play down the situation, if his partner cannot do it, by adding a humorous touch, by telling him that the problem can be solved, that there are known and recognized ways to do it.
From premature ejaculation to erectile dysfunction
The man who suffers from premature or premature ejaculation enjoys very quickly after penetration, sometimes even from the foreplay.
Those who have an erectile dysfunction find it very difficult to develop and maintain a quality erection.
What if these two seemingly opposed situations could be linked?
A question of the dosage of sexual arousal
On the one hand, an erection is only possible after sexual stimulation, with the exception of spontaneous nocturnal and morning erections. Men (women too) are sexually aroused by visual and tactile stimuli. However, an additional condition must be fulfilled in order to achieve an erection: man must be receptive to these stimuli. On the other hand, once a man has reached a certain level of sexual arousal, Premature ejaculation becomes inevitable. This automatic reflex limits the couple’s level of sexual arousal. And it is not without consequences on the erection.
Premature ejaculation can cause erectile dysfunction
The man who – whatever the reason – is afraid of coming quickly and therefore not satisfying his (his) partner may develop an erection problem. Because he is anxious about ejaculating prematurely, he is no longer receptive to sexual stimulation and therefore cannot have an erection.
Erectile dysfunction can, therefore, arise from a problem with premature ejaculation or from a man’s fears of reaching the stage of enjoyment too quickly.
And vice versa
The opposite is also possible, as is often the case in older men. It is increasingly difficult for them to develop an erection. In other words, in order to get an erection, they need a higher level of sexual arousal. And since it is the level of sexual arousal that determines the timing of ejaculation, it can occur before penetration or at its very beginning.
The erection pill: a solution?
Pills that promote erection can reach the stage of erection with a lower level of sexual arousal and thus help older men not to ejaculate prematurely. In these men, these erection pills also help loosen the smooth muscles in their penises.
The contraction of these muscles blocks the access of blood to the penis, thus preventing an erection. In younger men, erection enhancing pills are not effective in treating
There are around three types of erection pills are using for the treatment of erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation like Viagra, Cialis, Kamagra, and oral jelly.
In the treatment of premature ejaculation it is required for the component dapoxetine is available in their content
Premature ejaculation. Indeed, they generally do not encounter any difficulties in developing quality erections and must rather learn to manage the course of their sexual arousal. The challenge, for them, is to keep their arousal below the level that triggers the ejaculation reflex and, therefore, to delay enjoyment and prolong the d